Thursday, November 20, 2008

Some more books

I was looking around at Amazon.com for some other things and I stumbled across a few books that we might add to our possible reading list.

The first one is called "Finding our way again: the return to Ancient Practices" by Brian McLaren
I've never read his books, but I've heard his name bandied about in Emergent settings. It looks like this book is sort of a practical guide to some ancient church practices that are getting picked up by folks today.

The other one is "
Ancient-Future Worship: Proclaiming and Enacting God's Narrative" by Robert E. Webber. Although he doesn't seem to use the term "Emergent" I think this book might be a good one to check out. We used that term "Ancient-Future" at Church of the Apostles (well the pastor did anyway) so I'd like to see what this guy's take is on that.

No comments: